- ¶ BUT it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills;
and all people shall gather to it.
- And many nations shall come and say, Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths;
for the law shall go forth out of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
- And he shall judge between many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into sickles;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree;
and there shall be none to harm them;
for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken it.
- For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.
- In that day, says the LORD, I will gather those who are afar off, and I will bring near those who have been driven out and those whom I have afflicted.
- And I will make those who have been driven out a remnant, and those who are afar off a strong nation;
and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever.
- ¶ And you, O gloomy ruler of the daughter of Zion, your time has come, and the former ruler of the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem is coming.
- Now why do you commit iniquity?
Is there no king in you?
Or have your counsellors perished?
For pangs have taken you like a woman in travail.
- Be in pain, and labor to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail;
for now you shall go forth out of the city, and you shall dwell in the desert, and you shall go even to Babylon;
there you shall be delivered;
there the LORD shall save you from the hand of your enemies.
- Now many nations shall gather against you, who say, Let Zion be defiled, and let our eyes look upon it.
- But they know not the thoughts of the LORD, neither do they understand his counsel;
for he shall gather them as sheaves into the threshing floor.
- Arise and thresh them, O daughter of Zion;
for I will make your horns of iron, and your hoofs of brass;
and you shall beat in pieces many peoples;
and I will consecrate their possessions to the LORD, and their wealth to the LORD of the whole earth.