- JESUS entered again into the synagogue, and there was there a man whose hand was withered.
- And they watched him if he would heal him on the sabbath, that they might accuse him.
- And he said to the man whose hand was withered, Stand up in the midst.
- Then he said to them also, Is it lawful to do good or evil on the sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it?
But they were silent.
- And he looked at them with anger, sad because of the hardness of their hearts;
and he said to the man, Stretch out your hand, and he stretched it out;
and his hand was restored.
- ¶ And the Pharisees immediately went out with the Herodians, and they took counsel concerning him how to do away with him.
- So Jesus went to the sea with his disciples;
and a great many people from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea,
- And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from around the Jordan, and from Tyre and from Sidon;
large crowds, who had heard all that he was doing, came to him.
- And he said to his disciples to bring the boat near to him, because of the crowds, so that they might not press on him.
- For he was healing so many, that others pushed toward him so as to touch him.
- And those who were afflicted with unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried saying, You are indeed the Son of God.
- And he cautioned them a great deal, not to make him known.
- ¶ And he went up to the mountain, and called those he wanted;
and they came to him.
- And he chose twelve to be with him, that he might send them to preach,
- And to have power to heal the sick, and cast out devils.
- And Simon he surnamed Peter.
- And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, he surnamed B’nai Rakhshi, which means sons of thunder,
- And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot,
- And Judas of Iscariot, who betrayed him.
And they came into the house.
- And the people gathered again, so that they could not find bread to eat.
- And his relatives heard it, and went out to arrest him, for they said, He has lost his mind.
- ¶ And the scribes who had come down from Jerusalem said, Beelzebub is with him, and, By the prince of demons he is casting out demons.
- And Jesus called them, and said to them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
- If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
- And if a household is divided against itself, that household cannot stand.
- And if Satan rises up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but that is his end.
- No man can enter into a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first bind the strong man;
and then he plunders his house.
- Truly I say to you, that all sins and blasphemies which men blaspheme, shall be forgiven to them.
- But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, shall never be forgiven, but is guilty before the everlasting judgment.
- Because they had said, He has an unclean spirit.
- ¶ Then there came his mother and his brothers, and stood outside, and they sent in to call him.
- But the people were sitting around him;
and they said to him, Behold, your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you.
- And he answered and said to them, Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?
- And he looked at those who sat near him and said, Behold my mother, and behold my brothers.
- For whoever does the will of God, is my brother and my sister and my mother.