- ¶ LET the elders of the people dwell in Jerusalem;
and the rest of the people shall cast lots to bring one out of ten to dwell in Jerusalem the holy city and the remaining nine-tenths to dwell in towns.
- And the people blessed all the men who willingly offered themselves to dwell in Jerusalem.
- Now these are the chiefs of the province who dwelt in Jerusalem and in the towns of Judah (they dwelt every one in his own possession in their towns in Israel).
along with the priests, the Levites, and some of the people, and also the descendants of Solomon’s servants who dwelt in Jerusalem,
- And in addition some of the children of Judah and of the children of Benjamin.
And of the children of Judah: Nethaniah the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah, the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalalael.
Of the descendants of Perez:
- Maasiah the son of Baruch, the son of Colhozeh, the son of Neriah, the son of Azariah, the son of Jonadab, the son of Zechariah, the son of Shelah.
- All the descendants of Perez who dwelt in Jerusalem were four hundred and sixty-eight valiant men.
- And these are the descendants of Benjamin: Selah the son of Meshullam, the son of Joda, the son of Peraiah, the son of Kolaiah, the son of Maasiah, the son of Athnael, the son of Isaiah.
- And after him were nine hundred and twenty-eight others.
- And Joel the son of Zechariah was their overseer;
and Judah the son of Senuah was second over the city.
- Of the priests: Berachiah the son of Jehoiadah,
- Seraiah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, was the ruler over the house of the LORD.
- And his brethren who did the work inside of the house were eight hundred and twenty-two;
and Azariah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pelahiah, the son of Amzar, the son of Zechariah, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchiah,
- And their brethren, chiefs of their fathers, two hundred and forty-two;
and Amashai the son of Azarael, the son of Ahasai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer,
- And their brethren, mighty men of valour, one hundred and twenty-eight;
and their overseer was Zabdiel the son of one of the great men.
- Also the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Joshua, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Banni, the son of Shabbethai.
- And Zozabar was in charge of outside work of the house of the LORD.
- And of the chiefs of the Levites: Mattaniah, the son of Micha, the son of Zabdi, the son of Asaph, the principal among the Jews to begin the thanksgiving in prayer: and Bakbukah the second among his brethren, and Aira the son of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of Jethron.
- All the Levites in the holy city were two hundred and eighty-four.
- Moreover the porters, Akkub and Altman, and their brethren who kept the gates, were one hundred and seventy-two.
- ¶ And the rest of Israel, of the priests and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, every one in his inheritance.
- And their servants settled down every one in charge of his work and his plough.
- The overseer of the Levites at Jerusalem was Abdai the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha, of the sons of Asaph, who ministered over the work of the house of the LORD.
- For there was a commandment from the king concerning them and a decree concerning the singers daily.
- And Pethahiah the son of Meshumael, of the descendants of Zerah, the son of Judah, was in charge of whatever the king had commanded concerning every man and over the numbering of the people
- And over their overseers and over their villages and over their fields.
Now some of the children of Judah dwelt in Koriath-arba and in its villages, and in Ribon and in its villages, and in Kebazeel and in its villages.
- And in Hoshah and in Moladah and in Beth-phelet
- And in Hazar-shua and in Beer-sheba and in the villages thereof
- And in Zinklag and in Mekiah and in the villages thereof
- And in En-rimmon and in Zadah and in Jarmuth,
- Zanoah, Adullam, and in their villages, in Lachish and its villages, in Azekah and in its villages.
And they dwelt from Beer-sheba as far as the valley of Hinnom.
- The children of Benjamin also dwelt from Ramtha of Michmash, Ai, Beth-el, and in their villages,
- And at Anothoth, Aojab, Ananiah,
- Hazor, Ramtha, Gittaim,
- Hadar, Zebaon, Neballat,
- Lod and Ono, Niha and Harsha.
- And of the Levites were divisions in Judah and in Benjamin.