- ¶ THE LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Speak to the children of Israel and say to them, When a man or woman shall separate himself to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate himself to the LORD,
- He shall abstain from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any juice of grapes, or eat grapes or raisins;
- All the days of his separation he shall eat nothing that is made of the grapevine, from the skins even to the stones of raisins.
- All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head;
until the days are fulfilled for which he separated himself to the LORD, he shall be holy and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.
- All the days that he separates himself to the LORD he shall not come near a dead body.
- He shall not defile himself for his father or for his mother, for his brother or for his sister when they die;
because the crown of consecration of his God is upon his head.
- All the days of his separation he is holy unto the LORD.
- And if any man dies very suddenly by him, he has defiled the crown of his separation;
then he shall shave his head on the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.
- And on the eighth day he shall bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation;
- And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering, and make an atonement for him, for the sin that he sinned by the dead body;
and shall sanctify his head that same day.
- And he shall consecrate to the LORD the days of his separation, and he shall bring a lamb of the first year for a trespass offering;
but the previous days of his separation shall be void, because his separation was defiled.
- This is the law of the Nazarite when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation,
- And he shall offer his offering to the LORD, one male lamb of the first year without blemish for a burnt offering and one ewe lamb without blemish for a sin offering and one ram without blemish for a peace offering
- And a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mixed with oil and wafers of unleavened bread mixed with oil and their meal offering and their drink offering.
- And the priest shall bring them before the LORD, and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering:
- And he shall offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offering to the LORD, with the basket of unleavened bread;
the priest shall offer also his meal offering and his drink offering.
- And the Nazarite shall shave his head as a sign of his separation at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his separation and put it in the fire which is under the sacrifice of the peace offering.
- And the priest shall take the cooked shoulder of the ram and one unleavened cake from the basket and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them in the hands of the Nazarite after he has shaved his hair as a sign of his separation;
- And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and the shoulder;
and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.
- This is the law of the Nazarite who has made a vow, and of his offering to the LORD for his separation, excepting what he can afford in addition;
according to the vow which he has vowed, so shall he do after the law of his separation.
- ¶ And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Speak to Aaron and to his sons and say to them, Thus you shall bless the children of Israel, saying to them,
- The LORD bless you and keep you;
- The LORD make his face shine upon you and give you life;
- The LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
- And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.