- ¶ HENCEFORTH, my brethren, rejoice in our Lord.
It does not bother me to write the same things to you, because they enlighten you.
- Beware of vicious men, beware of evil workers, beware of circumcising.
- For we are the true people of circumcision, who worship God in Spirit and glory in Jesus Christ, and yet do not rely on things of the flesh.
- ¶ As for me, I once relied on things of the flesh.
However, if a man thinks his hope is on things of the flesh, I have more hope than he has;
- For I was circumcised when I was eight days old, being an Israelite by race, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew son of Hebrews, and according to the law a Pharisee;
- And concerning zeal, I was a persecutor of the church;
and according to the standards of righteousness of the law, I was blameless.
- But these things which once were a gain to me, I counted a loss for the sake of Christ.
- And I still count them all a loss for the sake of abundant knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord, for whom I have lost everything, and I have considered all those things as refuse, so that I may abound in Christ
- ¶ And be found in him, since I have no righteousness of my own gained from the law, but the righteousness which comes through the faith of Christ;
that is, the righteousness which comes from God,
- So that through this righteousness I may know Jesus and the power of his resurrection, and be a partaker of his sufferings, even to a death like his,
- That I may by any means attain the resurrection from the dead.
- Not as though I had already attained or were already perfect;
but I am striving that I may reach that for which Jesus Christ appointed me.
- My brethren, I do not consider that I have reached the goal;
but this one thing I do know, forgetting those things which are behind, I strive for those things which are before me;
- I press toward the goal to receive the prize of victory of God’s highest calling through Jesus Christ.
- ¶ Therefore let those of you who are perfect think about these things;
and if you reason in any other way, God will reveal even that to you.
- Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same path and with one accord.
- ¶ My brethren, be followers like me, and observe those who walk such a path, and then you will be examples as we are.
- For there are many who live otherwise, of whom I have often told you, and now I tell you with tears that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ,
- Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame;
whose thought is on earthly things.
- But our labours are in heavenly things, from whence we look for our Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Who shall transform our poor body to the likeness of his glorious body, according to his mighty power, whereby he is able even to subdue all things to himself.