- ¶ HE who loves discipline loves knowledge;
but he who hates reproof is a fool.
- ¶ A good man obtains favor of the LORD;
but a wicked one will be condemned.
- ¶ A man shall not be established by wickedness;
but the root of the righteous shall flourish.
- ¶ A virtuous wife is a crown to her husband;
but a wife who does evil destroys her husband like a boring-worm, and like a termite.
- ¶ The thoughts of the righteous are upright;
but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
- ¶ The counsel of the wicked is to lie in wait for the shedding of the blood;
but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- ¶ The wicked shall be overthrown, and shall not be found;
but the house of the righteous shall stand.
- ¶ A man is commended according to his wisdom;
but he who lacks understanding shall be despised.
- ¶ Better is a poor man who serves himself than one who is proud and yet lacks bread.
- ¶ A righteous man regards the life of his beast;
but the mercies of the wicked are suppressed.
- ¶ He who tills his land shall be satisfied with bread;
but he who follows vain pursuits lacks understanding.
- ¶ The wicked desire to do evil;
but the root of the righteous shall sprout.
- ¶ The ungodly is caught by the wickedness of his lips;
but the righteous shall come out of trouble.
- ¶ A good man shall be satisfied with the fruits of his mouth;
and the recompense of a man’s hands shall be rendered to him.
- ¶ The way of a fool is right in his own eyes;
but he who listens to counsel is wise.
- ¶ A fool’s wrath is soon known;
but a prudent man hides his shame.
- ¶ A righteous man speaks truth as it is evident;
but a false witness is deceptive.
- ¶ There are those whose speech is like the piercing of a sword;
but the tongue of the wise heals.
- ¶ The lips of truth are forthright;
but the tongue of a lying witness is wicked.
- ¶ Deceit is in the heart of the wicked who plot evil;
but those who give counsel of peace shall have joy.
- ¶ A deceitful thing is not good in the eyes of the righteous;
but the wicked are filled with mischief.
- ¶ Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD;
but those who deal truly are his delight.
- ¶ A prudent man is the seat of knowledge;
but the heart of fools proclaims evil.
- ¶ The hand of the diligent shall bear rule;
but the deceitful shall be under tribute.
- ¶ A fearful word troubles a man’s heart;
but a good word makes it glad.
- ¶ A righteous man gives good counsel to his neighbor;
but the way of the wicked shall lead them astray.
- ¶ The deceitful man shall not find his prey;
but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
- ¶ In the way of righteousness is life;
but the way of animosity leads to death.