- ¶ HE who refuses reproof and stiffens his neck shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
- ¶ When the righteous are many, the people increase;
but when the wicked are in authority, the people groan.
- ¶ He who loves wisdom rejoices his father;
but he who keeps company with harlots shall lose his substance.
- ¶ The king by justice enriches the land;
but a wicked man causes it to be in want.
- ¶ A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet.
- ¶ An evil man shall be ensnared in his wickedness;
but the righteous shall sing and rejoice.
- ¶ A righteous man considers the cause of the poor;
but the wicked has no understanding to regard it.
- ¶ Scornful men set cities on fire;
but wise men turn away wrath.
- ¶ A wise man contends with a fool, and when he is angry, he laughs and does not scoff.
- ¶ Bloodthirsty men hate the innocent;
but the righteous have compassion upon them.
- ¶ A fool utters all his wrath;
but a wise man uses his mind.
- ¶ If a ruler listens to lies, all his servants are wicked.
- ¶ The poor man and the oppressor meet together, and the LORD lightens the eves of both.
- ¶ The king who faithfully judges the people, his throne shall be established for ever.
- ¶ The rod and reproof give wisdom;
but a child who lacks discipline brings shame upon his mother.
- ¶ When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases;
but the righteous shall rejoice in their fall.
- ¶ Correct your son, and he shall give you rest;
yea, he shall give delight to your soul.
- ¶ When the wicked men multiply, the people are ruined;
but he who keeps the law, blessed is he.
- ¶ A servant will not be corrected by words;
for he knows then that he will not be beaten.
- ¶ When you see a man who is hasty in his words, know that a fool is better than he.
- ¶ He who is given to pleasures from his youth will be a servant, and in the end will groan.
- ¶ An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
- ¶ A man’s pride shall bring him low;
but his meekness shall add to his honor.
- ¶ He who is a partner with a thief hates his own soul;
they put him under oaths, but he does not confess.
- ¶ The iniquity of a man becomes a stumblingblock to him;
but he who puts his trust in the LORD shall become strong.
- ¶ Many seek the ruler’s favor;
but a man’s judgment comes from the LORD.
- ¶ An unjust man is an abomination to the just;
and a right way is an abomination to the wicked.