- ¶ My son, do not forget my law;
but let your heart keep my commandments;
- For the length of days and long life will they add to you;
- And peace, mercy, and truth will not forsake you;
bind them about your neck;
write them upon the tablets of your heart:
- So you shall find favor, grace, and understanding in the sight of God and men.
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and rely not on your own wisdom.
- In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.
- ¶ Be not wise in your own eyes;
revere the LORD, and depart from evil.
- It shall be healing to your flesh and marrow to your bones.
- Honor the LORD with your substance and with the first fruits of all your crops;
- So shall your barns be filled with plenty, and your wine presses shall burst out with new wine.
- My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD, neither be weary of his corrections.
- For whom the LORD loves he corrects, even as a father corrects his son.
- ¶ Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the son of the man who finds understanding.
- For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and its gains than fine gold.
- She is more valuable than precious stones;
and there is nothing to be compared to her.
- Length of days is in her right hand;
and in her left hand riches and honor.
- Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
- She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her;
and blessed are those who wait for her.
- The LORD by his wisdom has founded the earth;
by his understanding he established the heavens.
- By his knowledge the depths are broken up and the clouds drop down the dew.
- ¶ My son, let not my commandments depart from your eyes;
keep my doctrine, and my counsels;
- So shall they be life to your soul and grace to your neck.
- Then you shall walk in your way with hope and your foot shall not stumble.
- When you lie down, you shall not be afraid;
yea, you shall lie down and your sleep shall be sweet.
- You shall not fear sudden tumult, neither the violence of the wicked, when it comes.
- For the LORD shall be with you and shall keep your foot that you may not be caught in the snare.
- ¶ Do not refuse to do that which is good, when it is in the power of your hand to do it.
- When you have something, do not say to your neighbor, Go, and come again tomorrow, and I will give it to you.
- Do not devise evil against your neighbor, seeing he dwells in peace beside you.
- Do not contend with a man without a cause, if he has done you no harm.
- Do not envy a wicked man, and choose none of his ways.
- For the wicked man is an abomination in the presence of the LORD: but the secret of the LORD is with the upright.
- The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked;
but he blesses the habitation of the righteous.
- Surely he despises scorners;
but he has compassion on the wise.
- Wise men shall inherit glory;
but fools shall receive disgrace.