- ¶ THEREFORE preach wisdom, and understanding will answer you.
- For wisdom is on the top of high places, she stands between the ways and by the paths.
- She cries at the gates, at the entrance of the city;
she cries aloud, saying,
- Unto you, O men, I call;
and my voice is to the sons of men,
- So that the simple ones may understand prudence and the fools understand in their heart.
- Hear, for I will speak truth;
and the opening of my mouth shall bring forth uprightness.
- For my mouth shall speak truth, and lying lips are an abomination before me.
- All the words of my mouth are in righteousness;
there is nothing perverse or deceptive in them.
- They are all plain to him who understands them, and right to those who are willing to find knowledge.
- Receive discipline and not silver;
and choose for yourself knowledge rather than fine gold.
- For wisdom is much better than fine gold;
yea, she is better than precious stones, and nothing can be compared to her.
- ¶ I wisdom have created prudence, and I posses knowledge and reason.
- Reverence of the LORD despises evil;
pride, arrogance, evil ways, and perverse speech do I hate.
- counsel and sound doctrine are mine;
mine is understanding and might.
- By me kings reign and princes decree justice.
- By me princes and nobles rule, even all the righteous judges of the earth.
- I love those who love me;
and those who seek me shall find me.
- Riches and honor are mine;
yea, enduring riches and righteousness.
- My fruit is better than fine gold, and my ingathering than choice silver.
- I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice,
- That I may cause those that love me to have hope;
and I will fill their treasuries.
- ¶ The LORD created me as the first of his creations, before all of his works.
- I was established from everlasting, from the beginning, before he made the earth.
- When there were no depths, I was brought forth;
when there were no fountains abounding with water.
- Before the mountains were settled, before the hills were formed was I conceived;
- While as yet he had not made the earth nor the valleys nor the best soil of the world.
- When he established the heavens, I was there;
when he set a circle upon the face of the deep;
- When he made firm the clouds above;
when he strengthened the fountains of the deep;
- When he gave to the sea its bounds, that the waters should not transgress his commandment;
when he laid down the foundations of the earth:
- I together with him was establishing them;
and daily I was his delight, rejoicing always before him,
- Rejoicing in his habitable earth;
and my delights were with the sons of men.
- ¶ Now therefore hearken to me, O you children;
for blessed is he who keeps my ways.
- Hear instruction and be wise and do not go astray.
- Blessed is the man who heeds me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at my threshold.
- For my objectives are the issues of life, they proclaim the will of the LORD.
- Those who sin against me wrong their own soul;
all those who hate me love death.