- ¶ BLESSED is the man who walks not in the way of the ungodly, nor abides by the counsel of sinners, nor sits in the company of mockers;
- But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law does he meditate day and night.
- And he shall be like a tree planted by a stream of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaves fall not off;
and whatsoever he begins he accomplishes.
- ¶ The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
- Therefore the ungodly shall not be justified in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
- For the LORD knows the way of the righteous;
but the way of the ungodly shall perish.