- ¶ WHY standest thou afar off, O LORD?
and witholdest thy care in times of trouble?
- The pride of the wicked maketh the poor to suffer;
let them be taken in the devices that they have conceived.
- For the ungodly boasts of his own desire, and the LORD is angry when the wicked is blessed.
- The wicked in the pride of his countenance will not seek after God;
and there is no God in all his thoughts.
- His ways are always weak;
thy judgments are far above out of his sight;
as for all his enemies, he despises them.
- He says in his heart, I shall not be moved from generation to generation;
for he conceives evil.
- His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud;
under his tongue is mischief and deceit.
- He sits in the lurking place of a den;
and in a secret place does he murder the innocent;
his eyes spy on the destitute.
- He lies in wait to snare the poor by drawing him into his net.
- He shall be humbled and overthrown, and in his bones there shall be sickness and pain.
- He says in his heart, God has forgotten;
he has turned away his face;
he will never see it.
- ¶ Arise, O LORD;
O my God, lift up thine hand;
forget not the afflicted.
- Why does the wicked provoke God?
He says in his heart, God does not seek vengeance.
- Thou hast seen it;
for there is mischief and wrath, for thou beholdest that he hath surrendered himself unto thy hands;
and the poor committeth himself unto thee;
thou art the helper of the fatherless.
- Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man;
seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
- The LORD is King for ever and ever;
the Gentiles are perished out of his land.
- LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the poor;
thine ear hath heard the preparation of their heart;
- Execute justice to the fatherless and to the afflicted, so that man may not be destroyed from the face of the earth.