- ¶ HEAR my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.
- Turn not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble;
incline thine ear unto me;
in the day when I call, answer me speedily.
- For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are whitened as if they were burned.
- My heart is smitten and withered like grass, so that I forget to eat my bread.
- Because of the voice of my groaning, my bones cleave to my skin.
- I am like a pelican of the wilderness;
I am like an owl of the desert.
- I am shaken and alone like a sparrow upon the house tops.
- Mine enemies reproach me all the day;
those who once praised me are now sworn against me.
- I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping,
- Because of thine indignation and thy wrath;
for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down.
- My days are like a shadow that declines;
and I am withered like grass.
- ¶ But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever, and thy remembrance to all generations.
- Arise and have mercy upon Zion;
for it is time to have mercy upon her.
- For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favor the dust thereof.
- So the heathen shall worship the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
- When the LORD builds up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
- He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
- This shall be written for the generation to come;
and the people who shall be created shall praise the LORD.
- For he has looked down from the height of his sanctuary;
from heaven did the LORD behold the earth,
- To hear the groaning of the prisoner, to loose those that are appointed to death,
- To declare the name of the LORD in Zion and his praises in Jerusalem,
- When the peoples are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
- ¶ For they have weakened my strength on earth;
they warned me of the shortage of my days.
- O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days;
thy years are throughout all generations.
- Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth;
and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
- They shall perish, but thou shalt endure;
yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment;
as a vesture, they shall fade.
- But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
- The children of thy servants shall continue and their descendants shall be established before thee.