- ¶ BLESS the LORD, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
- Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
- Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.
- Who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
- Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- ¶ The LORD executes righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
- He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the children of Israel.
- The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy.
- He will not always chide;
neither will he retain his anger for ever.
- He has not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
- For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that revere him.
- As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
- As a father pities his children, so the LORD pities those who worship him.
- For he knows whereof we are made;
he remembers that we are dust.
- As for man, his days are as grass;
as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
- For when the wind passes over it, it is gone;
and the place thereof is known no more.
- But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that reverence him, and his righteousness to children’s children,
- To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
- ¶ The LORD has prepared his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all.
- Bless the LORD, O you his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening to the voice of his word.
- Bless you the LORD, all you his hosts;
you ministers of his that do his pleasure.
- Bless the LORD, all his works, in all places of his dominion;
bless the LORD, O my soul.