- ¶ BLESS the LORD, O my soul.
O LORD my God, thou art very great: thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
- Thou coverest thyself with light as with a garment;
who stretcheth out the heavens like a curtain,
- Who layest the beams of his chambers in the waters, who makest the clouds his chariot, who walkest upon the wings of the wind,
- Who makest his angels spirits, his ministers a flaming fire,
- Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
- Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment;
the waters stood above the mountains.
- At thy rebuke they fled;
at the voice of thy thunder they hastened away.
- The mountains ascend, the valleys descend to the place which thou hast founded for them.
- Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over, to cover the earth.
- ¶ Thou hast sent the springs to the valleys, which run among the hills.
- They give drink to every beast of the field;
the wild asses quench their thirst.
- By them the fowls of the heaven have their habitation;
from among the hills they sing.
- He waters the hills from his chambers;
the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
- He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herbs for the service of man, that he may bring forth food out of the earth,
- And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengthens man’s heart.
- The trees of the LORD are full of sap, the cedars of Lebanon, which he has planted;
- There the birds make their nests;
as for the stork, her house is in the cypress.
- The high mountains are a refuge for the wild goats, and the rocks a refuge for the conies.
- ¶ He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knows his going down.
- He makes darkness and it is night, wherein all the beasts of the forest creep forth.
- The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their food from God.
- The sun rises;
they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
- Man goes forth to his work and to his labour until the evening.
- O LORD, how manifold are thy works!
In wisdom hast thou made them all;
the earth is full of thy riches.
- Behold this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, creatures both small and great.
- On it sail the ships;
there is that Leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
- These wait all upon thee, that thou mayest give them their food in due season.
- With what thou givest them they are filled;
thou openest thine hand, they are satisfied.
- Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled;
thou takest away their breath, they die and return to their dust.
- Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created, and thou renewest the face of the earth.
- ¶ The glory of the LORD endures for ever;
the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
- He looks on the earth, and it trembles;
he rebukes the hills, and they smoke.
- I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
- Let my praise be acceptable to him;
I will be glad in the LORD.
- Let sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more.
Bless the LORD, O my soul.
Praise the LORD.