- ¶ O GIVE thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
- Sing to him, sing psalms to him, talk of all his wondrous works.
- Glory in his holy name;
let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
- Seek the LORD, and be strong, seek his face evermore.
- Remember his marvellous works that he has done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,
- O you descendants of Abraham his servant, you children of Jacob his chosen.
- He is the LORD our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.
- ¶ He has remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
- For he made his covenant with Abraham, and his oaths to Isaac;
- And confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, To you will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance,
- When they were but a few men in number, yea, very few, and strangers in it.
- When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
- He suffered no man to do them wrong;
yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
- That they might touch not his anointed, and do his prophets no harm.
- Moreover he called for a famine upon the land;
he broke the whole stalk of their wheat.
- He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant,
- Whose feet they bound with fetters;
he was laid in iron
- Until the time that his word came;
the word of the LORD tried him.
- The king sent and released him, and made him a ruler over his people.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler over all his possessions,
- To discipline the governors at his pleasure and to teach the elders wisdom.
- Israel also came into Egypt;
and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- And he increased his people greatly, and made them stronger than their enemies.
- ¶ He turned their hearts to hate his people, to deal subtly with his servants.
- He sent Moses his servant, and Aaron whom he had chosen.
- They showed his signs among them and wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and made it dark;
and yet they rebelled against his word.
- He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.
- Their land swarmed with frogs, even in the inner chambers of their kings.
- He spoke, and there came different sorts of flies and lice in all their borders.
- He turned their rain into hail;
and brought flaming fire into their land.
- He smote their vines also and their fig trees;
and broke the trees within their borders.
- He spoke and the locusts came and caterpillars, and that without numbers throughout their land.
- And they devoured all the herbs and the fruit of their lands.
- He smote also all the first-born of Egypt, the first-born of all their boys.
- He brought them forth also with silver and gold;
and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
- Egypt was glad when they departed;
for the fear of them fell upon them.
- He spread a cloud to shade them, and fire to give light in the night.
- The people asked, and he brought quails and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
- He opened the rock and the waters gushed out;
and water flowed in the dry land.
- For he remembered his holy promise which he had given to Abraham his servant.
- And he brought forth his people with joy, and his young men with gladness,
- And gave them the lands of the Gentiles;
and they inherited the labor of the people.
- That they might observe his statutes and keep his laws.
Praise the LORD.