- ¶ HOLD not thy peace, O God of my praise;
- For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me;
- They have spoken against me with a lying tongue and with a hateful voice, and have fought against me without a cause.
- For my love they reproach me;
but I have prayed for them.
- And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
- ¶ Command thou vengeance against them;
and let Satan stand at their right hand.
- When they shall be judged, let them be condemned, and let their prayer become sin.
- Let their days be few;
and let others take what they have stored.
- Let their children be fatherless and their wives widows.
- Let their children be continually vagabonds, and beg;
let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
- Let the creditor take all that they have, and let the strangers make them to be weakened.
- Let there be none to extend mercy unto them;
neither let there be any to pity their fatherless children.
- Let their end be destruction, and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
- Let the iniquity of their fathers be remembered;
and let not the sin of their mothers be blotted out.
- Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth,
- Because they remembered not to show mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy, and him whose heart is sorrowful to death.
- They loved cursing, and delighted not in blessings.
- They clothed themselves with cursing like armor;
it penetrated into them like water, like oil into their bones.
- Let it be to them like a mantle which covers them, and like a girdle wherewith they are girded continually.
- These are the deeds of those who reproach the LORD, and of those who speak evil against me.
- ¶ But thou, O LORD, do good to me for thy name’s sake;
because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
- For I am poor and needy, and my heart is troubled within me.
- I am bent like the shadow when it declines;
I am tossed up and down as the locust.
- My knees are weak through fasting;
and my flesh wastes away.
- And I became also a reproach to them;
when they looked upon me they shook their heads.
- Help me, O LORD my God;
O save me according to thy mercy,
- That they may know that this is thy hand, that thou, LORD, hast done it.
- Let them be cursed;
but thou shalt be blessed, and let thou thy servant rejoice.
- Let them that had a grudge against me be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with it as with a mantle.
- I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth;
yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
- He has stood at the right hand of the poor, to save his soul from judgment.