- ¶ IN the LORD put I my trust;
how say you to me, Flee as a bird to the mountains?
- For, lo, the wicked bend their bow;
they make ready their arrow upon the string to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart.
- For if they have destroyed the foundations which the LORD has prepared, what can the righteous do?
- ¶ The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven;
his eyes behold, his eyelids examine, the children of men.
- The LORD tries the righteous and the wicked;
but his soul hates him that loves violence.
- Snares have come down upon the wicked like rain;
fire and brimstone and a destructive tempest shall be the portion of their cup.
- For the LORD is righteous, and he loves righteousness;
his countenance beholds the upright.