- ¶ PRAISE the LORD.
Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who is vigilant in his commandments.
- His descendants shall be mighty upon earth;
he shall be blessed in the generation of the upright.
- Wealth and riches shall be in his house;
and his righteousness endures for ever.
- To the upright there shines a light in the darkness;
he is gracious and full of compassion upon the righteous.
- Blessed is the man who shows mercy and lends;
he shall proclaim his words with judgment.
- ¶ Surely he shall not be moved for ever;
the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.
- He shall not be afraid of evil tidings;
his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.
- His heart is strengthened;
he shall not be afraid, until he sees his desire upon his enemies.
- He has given generously, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures for ever and ever;
his horn shall be exalted with honor.
- The wicked shall see it, and be grieved;
he shall gnash his teeth and be confounded;
the desire of the wicked shall perish.