- ¶ WHEN Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of a foreign language,
- Judah was his sanctuary and Israel his glory.
- The sea saw it and fled;
Jordan was driven back.
- The mountains skipped like rams, and the hills like lambs of the flock.
- What ails you, O you sea, that you fled?
You Jordan, that you were driven back?
- You mountains, that you skipped like rams;
and you hills, like lambs of the flock?
- Tremble, earth, at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the God of Jacob,
- Who turned the rock into pools of water, the flint into a fountain of waters.