- ¶ SAVE, O LORD;
for the godly man ceaseth;
for faith hath disappeared from the earth.
- Men speak vanity, every one with his neighbour;
with flattering lips, and with a double heart do they speak.
- The LORD shall destroy all flattering lips and tongues that speak proud things.
- For they have said, With our tongue will we prevail: our lips are our own;
who is lord over us?
- Because of the oppression of the poor and the groans of the needy, now will I arise, says the LORD;
and I will bring salvation openly.
- The words of the LORD are pure words;
as silver tried in a furnace on earth, they are purified seven times.
- Thou shalt keep them, O LORD;
thou shalt preserve me and save me from this generation for ever.
- For the wicked walk everywhere with contemptible pride like the children of Edom.