- ¶ MY oppressors have been many from my youth, may Israel now say;
- My oppressors have been many from my youth, yet they have not prevailed against me.
- They have scourged me upon my back;
they have made long their oppression.
- The LORD is righteous;
he will cut asunder the cord of the wicked.
- ¶ Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.
- Let them be as the grass upon the house tops, which pulls out and withers when the wind strikes it,
- Wherewith the reaper fills not his hand, nor he who binds sheaves his bosom.
- Neither do they who pass by say, The blessing of the LORD be upon you;
we bless you in the name of the LORD.