- ¶ HOW long, O LORD, wilt thou forsake me?
How long wilt thou turn away thy face from me?
- How long shall I keep sorrow in my soul and misery in my heart daily?
How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
- Consider and hear me, O LORD my God;
lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep in death,
- Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him, and those that trouble me rejoice when I am shaken.
- But I have trusted in thy mercy;
my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
- I will sing unto the LORD, because he has saved me.