- ¶ LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions:
- How he swore to the LORD, and vowed to the mighty God of Jacob;
- Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
- Nor will I give sleep to mine eyes or slumber to mine eyelids
- Until I find a place for the LORD, a habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
- Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah;
we found it in the fields.
- We will go into his tabernacles;
we will worship at his footstool.
O LORD, enter into the place of thy rest, thou, and the ark of thy strength.
- Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness, and thy saints with glory.
- For thy servant David’s sake turn not away the face of thine anointed.
- ¶ The LORD has sworn in truth to David (he will not turn from it): Of the fruit of your body will I set up your throne.
- If your children will keep my covenant and my testimony that shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon your throne for evermore.
- For the LORD has been delighted with Zion;
he has chosen it for his habitation.
- This is my rest for ever;
here will I dwell, for I have desired it.
- I will abundantly bless her hunters;
I will satisfy her poor with bread.
- I will also clothe her priests with salvation and her saints with glory.
- There shall I make the horn of David to shine, and light a lamp for his anointed?
- His enemies will I clothe with shame;
but my holiness shall cover him.