- ¶ PRAISE the LORD.
Praise the name of the LORD;
praise him, O servants of the LORD.
- You who stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God,
- Praise the LORD;
for the LORD is good;
sing praises to his name, for he is delightful.
- For the LORD has chosen Jacob to himself, and Israel for his congregation.
- ¶ For I know that the LORD is great, and that our LORD is above all gods.
- Whatsoever the LORD pleases, that he does in heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deep places.
- He causes the clouds to ascend from the ends of the earth;
he makes lightnings for the rain;
he brings the wind out of his treasuries.
- He smote the first-born of Egypt, both of man and beast,
- Who sent forth his signs and wonders into the midst of you, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh and upon all his servants,
- Who smote many nations and slew mighty kings;
- Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan;
- And gave their land for a heritage, a heritage to Israel his people.
- Thy name, O LORD, endures for ever;
and thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.
- For the LORD will judge his people, and he will delight in his servants.
- ¶ The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
- They have mouths, but they speak not;
eyes have they, but they see not;
- They have ears, but they hear not;
neither is there any breath in their mouths.
- Let them that make them become like them, and every one who trusts in them.
- Bless the LORD, O house of Israel;
bless the LORD, O house of Aaron;
- Bless the LORD, O house of Levi;
you who fear the LORD, bless the LORD.
- Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, who dwells at Jerusalem.
Praise the LORD,