- ¶ BY the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down.
yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
- We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
- For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song;
and our captors said to us, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
- How shall we sing the LORD’S song in a strange land?
- If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget me.
- If I do not remember you, let my tongue cleave to my palate, if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
- ¶ Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem, who said, Raze it, raze it, even to the foundation thereof.
- O daughter of Babylon, taker of spoils, blessed shall he be who rewards you as you have served us.
- Blessed shall he be who takes and dashes your little ones against the stones.