- ¶ LORD, I cry to thee;
make haste to answer me;
give ear to my words and accept them.
- Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense, and the gift of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips,
- So that my heart may not incline to evil things, and practise wicked works with men who work iniquity;
let me not eat salt with them.
- ¶ Let the righteous teach me and reprove me;
let the oil of the wicked not anoint my head since my prayer has been against their evils.
- When their judges are stopped by a strong hand, they shall hear my words;
for they are sweet.
- Like the ploughshare that scatters the earth, let their bones be scattered at the mouth of the grave.
- I have lifted up mine eyes to thee, O LORD;
I have trusted in thee;
do not reject my soul.
- Keep me from the hand of the proud, for they have set traps for me.
- Let the wicked together fall into their own nets, whilst I shall pass over.