- ¶ I CRIED to the LORD with voice;
my with my voice to the LORD did I make my supplication.
- I poured out my complaint before him;
I showed before him my trouble.
- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.
In the way wherein I walked have they secretly laid a snare for me.
- ¶ I looked on my right hand, and there was no one to advise me;
refuge failed me;
no man cared for my soul.
- I cried to thee, O LORD;
I said, Thou art my hope and my portion, O LORD, in the land of the living.
- Attend to my cry;
for I am brought very low;
deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.
- Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name;
thy righteous shall wait for me until thou shalt reward me.