- ¶ HEAR my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications;
in thine own words answer me, and in thy righteousness.
- And do not let thy servant be brought to judgment;
for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
- For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
he has smitten my life down to the ground;
he has made me to dwell in darkness, like those who have been long dead.
- Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me;
my heart within me is troubled.
- I remember thee, O LORD, from days of old;
I meditate on all thy works;
I muse on the work of thy hands.
- I stretch forth my hands to thee;
my soul thirsts after thee, as a thirsty land.
- ¶ Answer me speedily, O LORD;
my spirit fails;
hide not thy face from me, lest I be like them who go down into the pit.
- Cause me to hear of thy lovingkindness in the morning;
for in thee do I trust;
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul to thee.
- Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies, and teach me to do thy will.
- Because thou art my God, thy gentle spirit shall lead me into the way of life.
- Comfort me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake;
for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
- And by thy mercy silence those who hate me, and destroy all the enemies of my soul;
for I am thy servant.