- ¶ BLESSED be the LORD, my strength, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight;
- My refuge and my deliverer;
my shield and my helper, upon whom I trust, who subdues nations under me.
- LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him?
or the son of man, that thou art mindful of him?
- Man is like vapour;
his days are as a shadow that passes away.
- Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down;
rebuke the mountains, and they shall smoke.
- Cast forth lightning, and scatter them;
shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
- Stretch forth thy hand from above;
deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of the ungodly,
- Whose mouths speak vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
- ¶ I will sing a new song to thee, O God;
upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises to thee.
- It is he who gives salvation to kings;
who delivers David his servant from the hurtful sword.
- Deliver me from the hand of the wicked, whose mouths speak vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood,
- That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;
that our daughters may be as brides richly adorned after the fashion of temples;
- That our storehouses may be full to overflowing;
that our sheep may multiply abundantly in our streets;
- That our cattle may be strong and there be none barren among them;
that there be no stealing, and that there be no mourning in our streets.
- Happy is the people who have all these things;
yea, happy is the people, whose God is the LORD.