- ¶ PRAISE the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
- While I live will I praise the LORD;
I will sing praises to my God as long as I live.
- Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
- His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth;
in that very day his thoughts perish.
- ¶ Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God,
- Who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that therein is;
who keeps truth for ever;
- Who executes justice for the oppressed;
who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD releases the prisoners;
- The LORD opens the eyes of the blind;
the LORD raises those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous;
- The LORD takes care of the poor;
he feeds the fatherless and widows;
but the way of the wicked he turns upside down.
- The LORD shall reign for ever, even your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD.