- ¶ PRAISE the LORD;
for it is good to sing praises to our God;
for it is pleasant, and praise is comely.
- The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers together the scattered of Israel.
- He heals the broken of heart, and binds up their wounds.
- He counts the number of the stars;
he calls them all by their names.
- Great is our LORD, and great is his power;
his understanding is infinite.
- The LORD lifts up the meek;
he humbles the wicked down to the ground.
- Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
sing praise upon the harp to our God,
- Who covers the heavens with clouds, who gives rain upon the earth, who makes grass to grow upon the mountains.
- He gives to the cattle their food, and to the young ravens which cry.
- He delights not in the strength of the horse;
he takes no pleasure in the legs of a mighty man.
- The LORD takes pleasure in those who revere him, in those who hope in his mercy.
- ¶ Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise your God, O Zion.
- For he has strengthened the bars of your gates;
he has blessed your children within you.
- He makes peace in your borders, and fills you with the finest of the wheat.
- He sends forth his commandment upon earth;
his word runs very swiftly.
- He gives snow like wool;
he scatters the hoarfrost like ashes.
- He casts forth his ice like morsels;
who can stand before his cold?
- He sends out his word and melts them;
he causes his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
- He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and his judgments to Israel.
- He has not dealt so with all nations;
and his judgments he has not made known to them.
Praise the LORD.