- ¶ PRAISE the LORD.
Sing to the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
- Let Israel rejoice in him that made him;
let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
- Let them praise his name with the timbrel and psaltery;
let them sing praises to him with the harps.
- For the LORD takes pleasure in his people;
he has given salvation to the poor.
- Let the righteous become mighty in glory;
let them glorify him upon their beds.
- ¶ Let them exalt God with their throats, and with a two-edged sword in their hand,
- To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the peoples,
- To bind their kings with fetters and their nobles with chains of iron.
- To execute upon them the judgment that is written;
and give glory to all his saints.
Praise the LORD.