- ¶ PRESERVE me, O God;
for in thee do I put my trust.
- I have said unto the LORD, Thou art my LORD, and my goodness cometh from thee;
- I said it also to the saints that are on the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
- The sorrows of the wicked shall be multiplied in rapid succession that I may not pour out their libations of blood;
nor will I mention their names with my lips.
- The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup;
thou shalt restore my inheritance.
- My portion of the land fell to me in goodly places;
yea, I have been pleased with my heritage.
- I will bless the LORD, for he has given me counsel;
my intuition also guides me during the night.
- ¶ I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
my flesh also shall rest in hope.
- For thou hast left not my soul in Sheol;
neither hast thou suffered thy Holy One to see corruption.
- Thou wilt show me the path of life, and I shall be filled with the joy of thy countenance, with the pleasure of victory of thy right hand.