- ¶ HEAR, O Holy LORD, and consider my supplication;
give ear unto my prayer that proceedeth not out of deceitful lips.
- Let my judgment come forth from thy presence;
let thine eyes behold the things that are just.
- Thou hast proved my heart;
thou hast visited me in the night;
thou hast tried me, and thou hast not found iniquity in me;
nothing hath come out of my mouth which is according to the deceitful works of men.
- Through the conversation of my lips thou hast kept me from evil ways.
- Thou hast strengthened my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
- I have called upon thee, for thou hast heard me.
O God, incline thine ear unto me and hear my words.
- Make thy Holy One a wonder and a Saviour to those who trust;
but let him prevail against those that rise up against thy right hand.
- ¶ Keep me as the apple of the eye;
protect me under the shadow of thy wings,
- From the sinners who plunder me, from the enemies of my soul who surround me.
- Silence their mouth, for they have spoken vanity.
- They have praised me, and now have surrounded me;
they have determined to bury me in the ground.
- They are like a lion that is eager to prey, and like a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, humble them;
cast them down;
deliver my soul from the wicked and from the sword,
- From the dead that die by thy hand, O LORD;
and from the dead of the grave, divide their possessions among the living;
fill their belly with thy treasure, so that their children are satisfied and have a portion remaining for their own children.
- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied when thy worship is revived.