- ¶ I WILL love thee, O LORD, my strength and my trust;
- My refuge and my deliverer is the mighty God in whom I trust;
he is my helper and the horn of my salvation and my glorious refuge.
- I will call upon the LORD;
so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
- For the pains of death surrounded me, and the rush of ungodly men have confused me.
- The travail of Sheol has taken hold of me: the snares of death preceded me.
- In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God;
he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
- Then the earth shook and trembled;
the foundations also of the mountains quaked and were shaken because he was angry.
- There went up a smoke out of his wrath, and fire flamed from his face, and coals were kindled by it.
- He bowed the heavens and came down;
and thick darkness was under his feet.
- And he rode upon cherubim and flew;
yea, he soared upon the wings of the wind.
- He made darkness his covert;
his pavilion round about him was darkness of waters and thick clouds of the skies.
- Out of the brightness of his shadow his clouds rained hailstones and coals of fire.
- The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice: hailstones and coals of fire.
- Yea, he sent out his arrows and scattered them;
and he multiplied his lightnings and confused them.
- Then the brooks appeared, and the foundations of the world were laid open at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thine anger.
- He sent from on high and quieted me;
he received me out of great waters.
- He delivered me from my strong enemies and from them which hated me;
for they were too strong for me.
- They confronted me in the day of my extremity, but the LORD was my deliverer.
- He brought me forth into comfort;
he delivered me because he delighted in me.
- ¶ The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me.
- For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not revolted against my God.
- For all his judgments were before me, and his laws I did not put away from me.
- I was also blameless before him, and I carefully kept myself from my sins.
- Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyes.
- With the pure thou shalt be pure;
with an upright man thou shalt be upright.
- With the clean thou shalt be clean;
and from the crooked thou shalt turn aside.
- For thou wilt save the afflicted people;
but wilt humble the proud.
- For thou wilt light my lamp;
the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
- ¶ For through thee I have pursued a band of robbers;
and through my God have I leaped over a fence.
- As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is pure: he is a help to all those that trust in him.
- For there is no God save the LORD;
and there is no one who is mighty like our God.
- It is God that girds me with strength and makes my way perfect.
- He makes my feet like hart’s feet and sets me upon high places.
- He trains my hands to war;
and he strengthens my arms like a bow of brass.
- Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation;
and thy right hand hath held me up;
and thy discipline hath made me great.
- Thou hast steadied my legs under me, that my ankles may not be weakened.
- I will pursue my enemies and overtake them;
and I will not turn again till they are consumed.
- I will smite them so that they shall not be able to stand;
they shall fall under my feet.
- For thou hast girded me with strength to the battle;
thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
- Thou hast also defeated my enemies before me, that I might silence them that hate me.
- They shall cry, but there will be none to save them;
they shall beg the LORD, but he will not answer them.
- Then I will beat them small as the dust before the wind;
I will tread over them as the mire of the streets.
- Thou wilt deliver me from the judgments of the people;
and thou wilt make me the leader of the Gentiles;
a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
- As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me;
strangers shall submit themselves to me.
- Strangers shall halt and shall be hindered from walking in their paths.
- The LORD lives;
blessed be the one who gives me strength;
let my God and my Saviour be exalted.
- It is God that avenges me and subdues the people under me.
- He delivered me from my enemies;
yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me;
thou hast delivered me from lawless man.
- Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the Gentiles, and sing praises unto thy name.
- Great deliverance gives he to his king;
and shows mercy to his anointed, to David and to his descendants for evermore.