- ¶ THE heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament shows his handiwork.
- Day after day utters speech, and night after night shows knowledge.
- There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.
- Their good news has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
He has set his tabernacle in the sun among them.
- And he is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices as a strong man to run a race.
- His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends thereof;
and there is nothing hid from the mist of his breath.
- ¶ The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul;
the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making wise the young men.
- The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The reverence of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever;
the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- They are more to be coveted than gold;
yea, than precious stones;
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- Moreover by them is thy servant warned;
and if he keep them he shall be greatly rewarded.
- Who can understand stumblings?
Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
- Spare thy servant also from presumptuous sins, lest the evil ones have dominion over me;
then shall I be cleansed from my sins.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my helper and my Saviour.