- ¶ WHY do the Gentiles rage and the peoples imagine vain things?
- The kings of the earth and the rulers have conspired and have taken counsel together against the LORD and against his anointed, saying,
- Let us break their bands asunder, and let us cast away their yoke from us.
- He that dwells in heaven shall laugh, and the LORD shall mock at them.
- Then shall he speak to them in his anger, and terrify them in his wrath and say,
- I have appointed my king over Zion, my holy mountain,
- ¶ To declare my promise;
the LORD has said to me, You are my Son;
this day have I begotten you.
- Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance and the uttermost parts of the earth for your dominion.
- You shall shepherd them with a rod of iron;
you shall break them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
- ¶ Be wise now, therefore, O kings;
be instructed, O judges of the earth.
- Serve the LORD with reverence, and uphold him with trembling.
- Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish from his way while his wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.