- ¶ THE king shall rejoice in thy strength, O LORD;
and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withheld the request of his lips.
- For thou hast blessed him beforehand with the blessings of goodness;
thou hast set a precious crown on his head.
- He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in thy salvation;
honor and majesty hast thou bestowed upon him.
- For thou hast made him most blessed for ever;
thou hast made him joyful in gladness with thy countenance.
- ¶ For the king trusts in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
- Your hand shall overcome all your enemies;
your right hand shall overcome those that hate you.
- You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of your wrath;
the LORD shall consume them in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
- Their fruit shall you destroy from the earth, and their offspring from among the children of men.
- For they have planned evil against you;
they conceived a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
- For you shall place a scar on them;
and you shall make ready your array against their faces.
- Be thou exalted, O LORD, in thine own strength;
so will we sing and praise thy power.