- ¶ MY God, my God, why hast thou let me to live?
and yet thou hast delayed my salvation from me, because of the words of my folly.
- O my God, I call thee in the daytime but thou answerest me not;
and in the night season thou abidest not with me.
- For thou art holy, and Israel dwells under thy glory.
- Our fathers trusted in thee;
they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
- They cried unto thee and were delivered;
they trusted in thee and were not confounded.
- But I am a worm, and not a man;
a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
- All they that saw me have laughed me to scorn;
they shoot out with their lips, they shake their heads, saying,
- He trusted in the LORD;
let the LORD deliver him;
let him save him, if he be delighted in him.
- For thou art my trust since I came out of the womb, and my hope since I was upon my mother’s breasts.
- I was put under thy care from the womb;
thou art my God from my mother’s belly.
- ¶ Be not far from me;
for trouble is near;
for there is none to help.
- Many bulls have surrounded me: strong bulls of Bashan have besieged me.
- Their mouths snarl against me, as a ravening and roaring lion.
- I am poured out like water and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is melted like wax, and my bowels are wasted in the midst of me.
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd;
and my tongue cleaves to my jaws;
and thou hast thrown me into the dust of death.
- For the vicious have surrounded me;
the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me;
they have pierced my hands and my feet.
- My bones ached with pain;
they looked and stared upon me.
- They parted my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
- But, O LORD, be not thou far from me;
O God, O God, abide to help me.
- Deliver my soul from the sword, my only one from the hand of the vicious.
- Save me from the lion’s mouth;
save my meekness from the haughty,
- ¶ That I may declare thy name to my brethren;
in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
- You that revere the LORD, praise him;
all you the offspring of Jacob, glorify him;
and fear him, all you descendants of Israel.
- For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the poor;
neither has he turned away his face from him;
but when he cried unto him, he heard him.
- My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation;
I will fulfil my vows before them that worship him.
- The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
they shall praise the LORD that seek him;
their hearts shall live for ever.
- All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the LORD;
and all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall worship before thee.
- For the kingdom is the LORD’S;
he is the governor over the Gentiles.
- All they that are hungry upon earth shall eat and worship before the LORD;
all they that are buried shall kneel before him;
my soul is alive to him.
- An offspring shall serve him;
the generations thereof shall proclaim the LORD.
- They shall come and declare his righteousness to a people that shall be born, and tell that which the LORD has done.