- ¶ THE LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
- When evildoers came upon me to devour me, even my enemies and those who hate me, they together stumbled and fell.
- Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear;
though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
- One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the delight of the LORD, and to be in charge of his temple.
- For in the day of trouble he shall hide me in his shelter;
in the shadow of his tabernacle shall he hide me;
he shall set me up upon a rock.
- And now shall my head he lifted up above my enemies round about me;
therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises to the LORD.
- ¶ Hear, O LORD, my voice when I call upon thee;
have mercy also upon me and answer me.
- My heart said unto thee, Let my face seek thy face.
- Turn not away thy face from me, O LORD;
trouble not thy servant in anger;
thou hast been my help, O LORD;
east me not out, neither leave me, O my God and my Saviour.
- Although my father and my mother have deserted me, the LORD has taken me up.
- Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in thy right paths.
- Deliver me not over into the hands of my enemies;
for false witnesses are risen up against me and have spoken cruelly.
- But I have believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
- Trust in the LORD, and be of good courage;
yea, trust in the LORD.