- ¶ UNTO thee have I cried, O my God;
be not silent to me, lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy temple.
- Count me not with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace with their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
- Reward them according to their deeds and according to their evil doings.
- Because they have not understood the works of the LORD nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them and not build them up.
- ¶ Blessed be the LORD, because he has heard the voice of my supplications.
- The LORD is my helper and my protector;
my heart trusted in him, and I am happy;
I will praise him with glorious song.
- The LORD is the strength of his people, and he is the protector of the salvation of his anointed.
- Save thy people, O LORD, and bless thine inheritance;
shepherd them also, and take care of them for ever,