- ¶ O LORD, how my oppressors are increased!
Many are they that rise up against me.
- Many there are that say to my soul, You have no salvation in your God.
- But thou, O LORD, art my help and my glory, and the lifter up of my head.
- ¶ I have cried to the LORD with my voice, and he has answered me from his holy mountain.
- I lay down and slept;
and I awoke;
for the LORD sustained me.
- I will not be afraid of thousands of people that have surrounded me and set themselves against me.
- Arise, O LORD my God, and save me;
for thou hast smitten all my enemies upon their cheeks;
thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
- For salvation belongs to the LORD;
and thy blessing is upon thy people.