- ¶ I WILL extol thee, O LORD;
for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
- O LORD, my God, I have sought thee, and thou hast healed me.
- Thou hast brought up my soul from Sheol;
thou hast saved me that I should not join those who go down to the pit.
- Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- For there is rebuke in his anger and life in his good will;
weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
- ¶ In my security I said, I shall never be moved.
- O God, by thy favor thou hast increased my glory;
thou didst turn away thy face, and I was troubled.
- I cried to thee, O LORD, and unto the LORD I made supplication.
- What profit is there in shedding my blood, when I go down to corruption?
The dust will not praise thee and it will not declare thy truth.
- Hear, O God, and have mercy upon me;
O LORD, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned for me my mourning into joy;
thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
- Therefore, I will sing praise to thee, and not be silent.
O LORD, my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.