- ¶ IN thee, O LORD, do I put my trust;
let me never be ashamed;
deliver me in thy righteousness.
- Incline thine ear to me and answer me speedily;
be thou unto me the God, the helper, and the house of refuge;
and save me,
- For thou art my strength and my refuge;
therefore for thy name’s sake comfort me and guide me.
- Pull me out of the net that they have laid secretly for me;
for thou art my protector.
- Into thy hand I commit my spirit;
thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
- I have hated them that observe false worship;
but I trust in thee, O LORD.
- I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy;
for thou hast seen my humility;
thou hast known my soul in adversities;
- And thou hast not surrendered me into the hand of my enemies;
thou hast established my feet in tranquility.
- ¶ Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
mine eye is troubled with wrath, yea, my soul and my body.
- For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing;
my strength is weakened because of poverty, and my bones are shaken because of my enemies.
- I have become a reproach to my neighbors and a dread to my acquaintances: they that saw me on the street fled from me.
- I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind;
I am like something given up for lost.
- For I have heard of the complicity of many persons;
while they connived together against me, they schemed to take away my life.
- But I trusted in thee, O LORD;
I said, Thou art my God, O LORD.
- The times are in thy hand;
deliver me from the hand of mine enemies and from them that persecute me.
- Make thy face to shine upon thy servant;
save me through thy mercies.
- Let me not be ashamed, O LORD;
for I have called upon thee;
let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
- Let the lips of the wicked be silent;
for they speak falsely and disdainfully against the righteous.
- ¶ Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that worship thee, which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
- Hide them in the citadel of thy presence from the tumult of men;
with thy shadow guard them from contention.
- Blessed be the LORD, for he has elected for himself the chosen ones in a strong city?
- I said in my haste, I am lost from before thine eyes;
nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
- O love the LORD, all you his righteous ones;
for the LORD preserves the faithful, and rewards the wicked according to their works.
- Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all you that trust in the LORD.