- ¶ BLESSED is he whose transgression is forgiven and whose sin is blotted out.
- Blessed is the man to whom the LORD has not reckoned his iniquity, and in whose heart there is no guile.
- Because I suffered in silence all the day long, my bones waxed old during my deep slumber.
- For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me;
intense pain developed in my heart great enough to kill me.
- I have acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid from thee.
I said, I will confess my faults to the LORD;
and thou forgavest all of my sins.
- For this let every one that is chosen pray unto thee at an appointed time;
surely even the floods of great waters shall not come near him.
- ¶ Thou art my refuge;
thou shalt protect me from mine enemies;
thou wilt compass me about with glory and salvation.
- I have made you to understand and have led you on the way which you shall take;
I will follow you with my eyes.
- Be not as the horse or as the mule, which have no understanding, which must be subdued with bit and bridle from their youth;
no one goes near them.
- The wicked has many sorrows;
but he that trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
- Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous;
and praise him, all you that are upright in heart.