- ¶ REJOICE in the LORD, O you righteous;
for praise is comely for the upright.
- Praise the LORD with harp and guitar;
sing praises to him with a harp of ten strings.
- Sing to him a new song;
play skilfully with a beautiful rhythm.
- For the word of the LORD is right;
and all his works are done in truth.
- He loves righteousness and judgment;
the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
- By the word of the LORD were the heavens made;
and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- The waters of the sea gathers he together as in a heap of waterskins;
he lays up the depths in storehouses.
- Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
- For he spoke, and it was done;
he commanded, and it stood fast.
- The LORD brings the counsel of the Gentiles to nought;
the LORD makes the devices of the people of no effect.
- The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
- ¶ Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;
and the people whom he has chosen for his own inheritance.
- The LORD looks from heaven;
he beholds all the sons of men.
- From his throne he looks upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
- He fashions their hearts alike;
he considers all their works.
- The king is not saved by the multitude of a host;
neither a mighty man delivers by much strength.
- A horse is a false thing for salvation;
neither shall he deliver his rider by his great strength.
- Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon the righteous, upon them that hope in his mercy
- To deliver their soul from death and to keep them alive in famine.
- Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.
- For our hearts shall rejoice in him because we have trusted in his holy name.
- Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.