- ¶ THE unjust conceives wickedness within his heart, for there is no fear of God before his eyes.
- He is unwilling to see his sins forgiven, or to hate them.
- The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit;
he is unwilling to do good.
- He devises mischief upon his bed;
he walks in a way that is not good that he may do evil.
- ¶ O LORD, thy mercy is in heaven;
and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the universe.
- Thy righteouness is like the mountain of God;
thy judgments are like a great deep;
O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
- How abundant is thy lovingkindness, O God!
therefore the children of men take refuge under the shadow of thy wings.
- They shall flourish with the richness of thy house;
and thou shalt give them to drink of the pleasant water of thy spring.
- For with thee is the fountain of life;
in thy light shall we see light.
- O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee, and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.
- For there the workers of iniquity will fall;
they will be cast down, and will not be able to rise.