- ¶ FRET not because of evildoers, neither be envious of the workers of iniquity,
- For they shall soon wither like grass, and fade away as the green herbs.
- Trust in God, and do good;
dwell in the land, and seek after faithfulness.
- Trust in the LORD;
and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
- Commit your way to the LORD;
trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass.
- He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your judgment as the noonday.
- ¶ Seek the LORD, and pray before him;
envy not the man who does evil, and prospers in his way.
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
fret not yourself in any wise to do evil.
- For evildoers shall be cut off: but those who trust in the LORD shall inherit the earth.
- For yet a little while, and the wicked shall be no more: yea, you shall look for his place, and you shall not find it.
- But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth.
- The LORD shall laugh at him;
for he sees that his day is coming.
- The wicked have drawn out the sword and have bent their bow, to slay the poor and needy, and those who are upright in their way.
- Their swords shall enter into their own hearts, and their bows shall be broken.
- A little that a righteous man has is better than the great riches of the wicked.
- For the arms of the wicked shall be broken;
but the LORD upholds the righteous.
- The LORD knows the days of the upright;
and their inheritance shall be for ever.
- They shall not be ashamed in the evil time;
and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
- For the wicked shall perish, and the rich who are enemies of the LORD shall be consumed;
they shall vanish like smoke.
- ¶ The wicked borrows, and pays not again;
but the righteous shows mercy, and gives.
- For the blessed of the LORD shall inherit the earth;
and they that be cursed of him shall be wiped out.
- The steps of a good man are established by the LORD;
he sets his course.
- Though he fall, he shall not be hurt;
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
- I have been young, and now am old;
yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread.
- But he is ever merciful and lends;
and his offspring is blessed.
- Depart from evil, and do good;
and rest for evermore.
- For the LORD loves justice, and he forsakes not his righteous ones;
he keeps them for ever;
but the seed of the wicked, he destroys.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
- The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.
- The law of God is in his heart;
none of his steps shall slide.
- The wicked lies in wait for the righteous, and seeks to slay him.
- The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
- ¶ Trust in the LORD and keep his way, and he shall exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
- For I have seen the wicked boasting and spreading himself like stout forest trees;
- Yet when I passed by, lo, he was not;
yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
- Uphold the perfect and select the upright;
for there is a good end for peaceful men.
- But sinners shall be destroyed together;
yea, the end of the wicked shall be destruction.
- But the Saviour of the righteous is the LORD;
he will help them in time of trouble.
- And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;
he shall deliver them from the wicked and save them, because they trust in him.