- ¶ O LORD, rebuke me not in thy wrath;
neither chasten me in the heat of thine anger.
- For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand rests heavily upon me.
- There is no peace in my flesh because of thine anger;
neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sins.
- For mine iniquities are gone over my head;
as a great burden they are too heavy for me.
- My wounds are loathsome and corrupt because of my foolishness.
- I am greatly troubled;
all the day long I walk sadly.
- My loins are filled with trembling, and there is no peace in my body.
- I am feeble and miserable;
I have groaned because of the despair of my heart.
- O LORD, all my desire is before thee;
and my groaning is not hidden from thee.
- My heart is broken, my strength hath failed me;
as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
- My neighbors and my friends stood aside from my grief;
and my kinsmen stood off.
- ¶ They also that seek after my life and wish me evil lay hold on me and speak mischievous things and imagine deceits all the day long.
- But I, as a deaf man, heard not;
and I was as a dumb man that opens not his mouth.
- Thus I was as a man that hears not, and in whose mouth is no reproof.
- For in thee, O LORD, do I hope;
thou wilt answer me, O LORD my God.
- Because I said, Hear me, lest they rejoice over me;
they scoff at me when my feet waver.
- I am prepared to suffer, and my sorrow is continually with me.
- I will declare mine iniquity to thee;
I will purify myself of my sins.
- But mine enemies are strong and alert;
and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
- They reward me evil for good;
they reproach me because I seek after good things.
- Forsake me not, O LORD;
O my God, be not far from me.
- Abide to help me and save me.