- ¶ WHEN I have called thee, thou hast answered me, O my God and Saviour of my righteousness;
thou hast comforted me when I was in distress;
have mercy upon me and hear my prayer.
- Men, how long will you obscure my glory?
how long will you love vanity?
do you want deception forever?
- But know that the LORD has set apart for himself him that is wonderful;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.
- Be angry and yet sin not;
commune with your own heart and meditate upon your bed.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousness and put your trust in the LORD.
- ¶ There are many that say, Who can show us a good man so that he may shine upon us the light of his countenance?
- O LORD, thou hast put gladness in my heart more than in the time that their wheat and their wine and their oil increased.
- in peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for thou, O LORD, alone makest me dwell in safety.